Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Delicious Salad You Can Have for the Whole Week

Okay, so I really like eating healthy.

But I'm so busy during the week, my eyeballs are huge and stressed out that when I come home I resort to the first thing I see. Which is something totally random like pumpkin bars and chips...That was my supper the other night. Don't judge.

However, that's NOT healthy eating at all. I believe in eating healthy, it's good for our mind, body, and soul. Those colorful fruits and veggies are powerhouses for our bodies and especially our energy levels.

I sat down last night after work and thought of everything I was going to eat this week (meal planning mode) and I'm going to kick not eating healthy in the booty. I made this salad which hopefully last me the whole week for supper- a couple of nights I will be out!

It's super duper easy. I first three thawed chicken breasts and put them in boiling water for 12 minutes to poach them. (My favorite way to make chicken breasts)
Got a bowl of salad (mixed romaine) and sprinkled some spinach in there and put dried cranberries and pecans in there..and shook the bowl. Keep in mind that the lettuce, cranberries, and pecans can be in a bowl together without getting soggy throughout the week.

While the chicken breasts were poaching, cut up these beauties and put in a SEPERATE BOWL and sprinkled lemon juice on them so they will stay fresh ALL WEEK.
Pears and strawberries. ^^^ I put these in a bowl by themselves because the lettuce and these fruits would just get soggy together. Thinking ahead, I'm proud of myself.

And sprinkled bleu cheese on it when I got my own plate of it when I was done. Blue cheese made it pretty delicious.

All of that salad accompanied with a great salad dressing:
After my 4 mile run at 7:20 pace and my cross training on the elliptical, it was a refreshing and healthy meal. Megan-approved :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you plan meals ahead of time? Easiest meal you enjoy making ahead of time?

Favorite healthy food to keep on hand?
Steamers (frozen veggies in a bag) to just pop in the microwave.

Favorite salad dressing? Do you use salad dressing?
-Poppyseed or Italian. Has to be really sweet or really zingy:)




No comments:

Post a Comment